Who is Techknow
Techknow is a globally approved Drive-Thru Timer Supplier for the McDonald’s system. Techknow designs and manufactures Drive-Thru Order Confirmation Systems (OCS) and Drive-Thru Timer systems for the quick service restaurant (QSR) industry.
It is the priority of Techknow Incorporated to improve the communications between our clients and their customers. Techknow’s purpose is to provide quality products and impeccable services that enhance millions of personal experiences, one at a time. Our strategy is to listen better innovate further and implement faster than the competition.
Techknow Challenge has refined the drive-thru and has turned Big Data into Big Fun by allowing restaurants to compete in near real time. Techknow meets the McDonald’s standards in tracking Order End Present End (OEPE) Average, OEPE Percent Achieved, and Number of Cars per Hour. Techknow Challenge comes with a microcomputer, LCD display, and all of the necessary cables and mounts. The system compliments Techknow’s timer and does require internet access.
- Competition has proven to reduce total drive-thru times by as much as 51% per hour (Based on U.S. study in one region)
- Challenge is turning Big Data into Big Fun by allowing store members to compete in near real-time
- An unlimited number of stores can compete in a specific time zone at a Franchise, Region or Enterprise level
- Posting of hourly winners in multiple categories gives every store an opportunity to win
Techknow conducted a pilot in five Houston locations and two McCopCo stories in Chicago. We ran a competition in February. The stores saw total drive thru time reductions from 10% – 51% per hour.
Techknow Timer System
Wired & Wireless
- Return on investment of six months or less (as measured by McDonald’s U.S. Consumer and Business Insights Team)
- Animated visual display highlighting drive-thru progress and bottlenecks
- Enhanced customer satisfaction by lowering drive-thru times
- Excellent management tool
- Detailed store and local reporting tool
- Displays action items to inform crew of corrective measures which will improve operational performance
- A creative tool to develop crew and store competitions
Learn More About Our Wireless Timer
Timer System Features:
- Proactive, online monitoring for all hardware
- Posting of “Action Items” when goals are exceeded will assist crews by providing tips that are relative to areas that need improvement
- Options for monitoring Fast Forward and / or Mobile Parking positions (Wireless Timer)
- Parameters are timed and color coded to illustrate drive-thru performance
- Clear, concise and simple graphics
- Customizable by hour or day part
- Critical information is available at a glance to highlight road blocks to performance
- Simplified, user-friendly software interface
- Time can be displayed in minutes or seconds
- Supports most store configurations
- Capable of connecting multiple displays
Timer Screen Features
- Displays average time for the last 5 cars at those locations
- Individual, animated cars proceed through the drive-thru with color coding to indicate time in queue
- Last 5 Car Average
- Displays Average Time for Fast Forward or Mobile Parking
- Indicates a vehicle has driven off without completing the drive-thru circuit
- Shows percentage of defined goal met
- Displays action items to inform the crew of corrective measures to improve operational performance
- Displays time a current vehicle has been in queue and changes color based on goals
- Displays OEPE average for the last hour with color coding
Upgrade to the Wireless Timer
- Options to measure Fast Forward, and Preview positions
- Measure Mobile Park positions
- Up to 50 vehicle detection point per restaurant
- 900 MHz frequency band minimizes interference and maximizes wireless coverage.
- 2.46 Hz frequency band is used internationally.
- Minimizes maintenance related to saw cuts
- Wireless is more aesthetically pleasing and less invasive to the driveway
- Batteries are good size to ten years
Drive-Thru Statistical Reporting Software
In the quick service industry, time can cost you money and result in a loss of business. Using a computer, in the store or remotely, you can retrieve statistics collected by your system.
These statistics can help you:
- Increase speed of service and enhance customer satisfaction
- Set sales and drive-thru goals
- Identify and reward productive employees
- Improve your drive-thru operations